The Noble Qur’an is the literal words of Allah that He revealed as an infallible source of legislation for mankind to live an organized life by. It contains regulations and recommendations about all aspects of life and references to the Hereafter. Being
so important, the Qur’an must be read, written, and recited correctly and clearly, so as not to create any sort of ambiguity or misunderstanding whatsoever. Allah Almighty addressed His Messenger, Muhammad, sallallaahu
‘alaihi wa sallam, in the Qur’an, saying “…. And recite the Qur’an with measured recitation.” (Qur’an 73:4)
Listening to the Qur’an being recited correctly is enough to soften even the hardest of hearts. Muslims and non-Muslims alike find it a deeply moving experience, even if they do not understand what is being said. Every Muslim
has to recite Qur’an in prayers, but many of us do not realize that reciting the Qur’an correctly while observing the rules of recitation is not an advanced science for expert reciters alone, rather it is an obligation
upon each and every one of us whenever we recite the Qur’an.
Our approach to teaching tajweed to busy adults who have long lost their ability to easily perceive any phoneme in any language is unique. We focus primarily on helping adults reach their potential through repetition and short
bouts of practice consistently throughout the week. Once the students complete this course, they have the option to memorize either the whole Qur’ān or certain sūwar or ajzā of the Qur’ān or join the Ijaazah Simplified program to receive ijaazah in the reading of Imam Hafs.
Key Highlights & Features
- This course runs year-round
- Course Difficulty: Beginner
- Course Duration: 4-12 Months
- Teaching Method: In-person or remote
- Language options: English, Bengali, Urdu, Hindi, or Arabic
- Separate classes for brothers and sisters
- Brothers will have male teachers, and sisters will have female teachers.
- 1 Week FREE trial
- This course is available for brothers and sisters (Separately).
- The minimal age requirement for this course is 12.
- This course is for seriously committed students. A high level of dedication and commitment is essential for success. Students are expected to attend all sessions, come prepared, and complete all homework assignments.
- As part of the application process, students will be interviewed and assessed to gauge their interest, competency, and commitment.
Theory Subjects & Practical Application
- Qa’idah: Through this subject, the students will learn the Arabic alphabets from their point of articulation, recognize them in all forms, connect letters to form words, and learn to read words and
āyāt of the Qur’ān. They will also understand the diacritics of the Qur’ān, their duration, and learn the difference between long and short vowel letters and signs.
- Beginners Tajweed: Through this subject, the students will learn the most basic rules of tajwīd at a beginner’s level such as ghunnah, iẓhār, iqlāb, idghām, ikhfā, etc., and become familiar with the
application of these rules.
- Qur’an: Through this subject, the students will complete the reading of the whole Qur’ān with proper application of tajwīd rules for the reading of Imam Ḥafṣ from Al-Ḥirzul Amāni Wa Wajhuttahāni (Ash-Shāṭibiyyah).
They will increase fluency in reading by repetition of each āyāh several times and become familiar with common Qur’ānic words and phrases to help with future memorization or enrollment in Ijaazah Simplified program
if interested. Once the students complete the reading of the whole Qur’ān, they have the option to memorize either the whole Qur’ān or certain sūwar or ajzā of the Qur’ān or join the Ijaazah Simplified program to
receive ijaazah in the reading of Imam Hafs.
- Minimal REQUIRED homework will be assigned to assist in learning.
- Each subject should be completed within 3-4 months. If it is completed in less than 3 months, the student will move on to the next subject immediately.
Ideal First Day of Class
- Tuesday, September 1, 2020
- Days: Monday-Thursday or Friday-Sunday
- Duration: 15 Minutes Each Day
- Time: Teacher/Student will decide on the time together
- Holidays: Government and Islamic holidays
How to Join the Class
- STEP 1: Create an account on the Darul Hikmah website at www.darulhikmahtx.com
- STEP 2: Register for the course using the registration button below.
- STEP 3: Someone will contact you within 48 hours to take your reading assessment.
- STEP 4: After assessment, you both will decide on the days and timings for your class. An instructor will also be assigned to you. During this call, you will also be provided with payment information.
- STEP 5: Send the full tuition for the month you are joining in. Monthly payments must be sent by the 5th of each month for that ongoing month.
- STEP 6: You will be added to our WhatsApp group. This group is used to remind students regarding class, school holidays, etc.
- STEP 7: Start your first day of class by calling on the day and time you both have decided. You must be prepared with books, pencils, etc., before class and must be punctual in calling the instructor during their allocated
time slot. If you need to cancel or reschedule, you must inform the instructor ahead of class time.
- NOTE: If the instructors cancel a session, they will make it up inshaa’Allah, but if students cancel or miss a session, we cannot guarantee a make-up session.
- NOTE: Students are not allowed to record any of the classes without the instructor’s permission.
Classroom Rules & Regulations
- Students must be punctual for all classes.
- The student must inform the instructor before missing any class.
- The students should be prepared for class before class starts.
- The students should sit for class with wudhu.
- The students should practice their reading lesson before reciting to the instructor.
- Most importantly, respect your teachers.
Tuition & Fees
- The monthly tuition must be paid by the 5th of the month for the ongoing month.
- Full monthly tuitions must be paid by the student to reserve her seat in class if she decides to take a vacation before completing the course.
- Payments must be deposited directly from Bank through QuickPay with Zelle.