An ijaazah is a license authorizing its holder to transmit a certain text or subject, for example the Science of Tajweed, Hadeeth, etc., which is issued by someone already possessing such authority. It is mainly associated with transmission of Islamic
knowledge. The license implies that the student has acquired this knowledge from the issuer of the ijaazah through first-hand oral instruction. The Ijaazah Simplified is for students who have completed our Tajweed Simplified
program or a similar course at another institution. After completion of this course and passing the theory and practical exams, students will receive ijaazah in the Reading of Imam Hafs from ‘Aasim (The 5th Qaari) by the
way of Ash-Shaatibiyyah.
Key Highlights & Features
- Course Difficulty: Intermediate-Advance
- Course Duration: 12-18 Months
- Teaching Method: Live Online Classes Through Zoom (Recordings will be available)
- Language: English
- Gender: Sisters Only
- Tajweed Simplified or a similar course
- Al-Manẓūmatul Khāqāniyyah
This subject covers the codification process of tajwid. The students will learn to see tajwīd from the perspective of the earlier scholars. It does not focus on explaining
the tajwīd rules.
- Al-Muqaddimatul Jazariyyah With History of Tajweed and Tajweed Scholars
This is an advanced subject on understanding tajwīd through poetry and it covers the philosophy aspect of it. It covers the
differences of opinion on certain tajwīd rules. It also introduces the science of Qirā’āt, Waqf and Ibtidā’, and Rasmul Khat. Learning this book is necessary for all students seeking ijāzah anywhere in the world.
It is taught in all proper institution of tajwīd and qirā’āt. Ijāzah cannot be attained from anywhere without studying this book in thoroughly
- Al-Waqf wal Ibtidā’ fil Qur’ānil Kareem
This subject will cover the Science of Pausing and Stopping while reading the Qur’ān from different aspects. All definitions and the signs of waqf. Waqf
in relation to pronunciation, origin, orthography will be covered thoroughly. It will also cover the rules regarding ibtidā’, i’ādah, and waṣl. This course focuses more on meaning rather than pronunciation.
- Ahsanul Bayan (Optional)
This subject covers the rules of tajwīd for Ḥafṣ according to Ash-Shāṭibiyyah as well as Ṭaiyyibah, the most advanced reading for all the variant readings. By the end of
this course, students will know how to read the Qur’ān in 2 variant readings.
- At-Tibyaanu Fi Aadaabi Hamalatil Qur'an
This subject focuses on the etiquettes of students and teachers of Qur’ān. It also focuses on fiqh related rulings regarding the Qur’ān.
- Qur’an Reading with Tajweed in one-on-one sessions (optional) and in group setting with instructor
- Weekly Assignments for the theory class
- Theory and Practical quizzes and exams
- All students MUST have a Gmail account.
- All students regardless of their attendance will be required to TYPE a summary for each session of class and submit it to the instructor before the next session.
- Each class session will be recorded by the instructor. Students are not allowed to record the sessions without permission.
- The recording will be available for the students until the next class session unless the instructor gives permission.
First Day of Class
- Friday, September 4, 2020
- Thursday: Individual Tajweed Practice Class with Instructor if Needed (Optional)
- Time: Teacher/Student will decide on the time together
- Friday: Tajweed Theory
- Time: 9 AM - 10 AM CST (Texas, USA Time)
- Saturday: Group Qur'an Reading Practice (Ijaazah Reading Day)
- Time: 7 AM - 8 AM CST (Texas, USA Time)
How to Join the Class
- STEP 1: Create an account on the Darul Hikmah website at www.darulhikmahtx.com
- STEP 2: Register for the course using the registration button below.
- STEP 3: Someone will contact you within 48 hours to take your reading assessment.
- STEP 4: After assessment, the teacher will inform you if you need one-on-one sessions or not along with the group reading. If you need one-on-one sessions, you both will decide on a time that is best suitable for both
you and the instructor. In this call, you will also be provided with payment information.
- STEP 5: Send the full tuition for the month you are joining in. Monthly payments must be sent by the 5th of each month for that ongoing month.
- STEP 6: You will be added to our WhatsApp group. This group is used to remind students regarding class, school holidays, assignments, etc.
- STEP 7: After receiving the tuition, you will receive an email with your Theory Class Zoom link, PDFs, Apps, etc., and a conference number for your Ijaazah Reading Class. Save All of this information in a different
folder so that you can access it easily. You will also be added to Google Classroom. Please check your Gmail and accept the class invitation. You must be prepared for the class before the session starts by downloading
all of the correct apps and familiarizing yourself with its navigation.
- STEP 8: Start your first day of live Theory Class by joining the Zoom link provided in your Gmail. You must be prepared with books, pencils, etc., before class.
- STEP 9: Check Google Classroom for Friday Theory class assignments and class recordings.
- STEP 10: If you miss live Friday Theory Classes, you should try to catch up on class recordings and assignments as soon as possible as they will pile up.
- STEP 11: Join the Ijaazah Reading Class on Saturday by calling the conference number provided in your Gmail. You and must be punctual in the Ijaazah Reading Class as one sister reads after another. You do not want to
miss your turn by joining late. This class does not have a make-up session. Please make sure to practice your page at least 10-15 times and try your best to practice the other sisters’ assigned pages as well specially
the sisters before and after your turn in case they miss class.
- STEP 12: be punctual in calling the instructor during their allocated time slot for one-on-one session if you were assigned any. If you need to cancel or reschedule, you must inform the instructor ahead of class time.
- NOTE: For the one-on-one sessions, if the instructors cancel a session, they will make it up inshaa’Allah, but if students cancel or miss a session, we cannot guarantee a make-up session.
- NOTE: Students are not allowed to record any of the classes without the instructor’s permission.
Classroom Rules & Regulations
- Students must be punctual for all classes.
- The student must inform the instructor and classmates before missing any reading class.
- The students should be prepared for class before class starts.
- The students should sit for class with wudhu.
- The students should practice their reading lesson before reciting to the instructor.
- The classroom link, conference number, course materials, etc., MUST NOT be shared with anyone who is not a current student of Darul Hikmah.
- The Theory Class will be recorded by the instructor. The students are NOT ALLOWED to download, screen record, or use any other methods to record the class.
- Most importantly, respect your teachers and classmates.
Acquiring an Ijaazah
- An ijaazah is a traditional certification system in Islamic sciences. Ijaazah holds a greater reverence than a degree in the field of Islamic sciences.
- Anyone with an ijaazah has the authority to transmit (license to teach) the acquired Islamic knowledge to others.
- In order to receive an ijaazah, students must complete all books in this course, as well as pass the final Theory and Practical Exams.
- The books covered in this course are in Arabic. Knowing Arabic is not necessary for the course or for ijaazah in reading or teaching tajweed, however, it is necessary for ijaazah in teaching the mutoon (texts) of these
- Memorization of the mutoon is also necessary for ijaazah in teaching these books according to some scholars’ opinions.
- The ijaazah certification will have different status depending on the students’ merit and achievement.